CES (Customer Effort Score) surveys are specifically designed to help you improve elements of your customer’s interaction with your organisation. It helps you understand how difficult it is for a customer to carry out a particular task so you can improve and make it easier for your customers.
SightMill is well known for its NPS (Net Promoter Score) surveys and we’ve now launched support for CES surveys, helping you understand and target a specific element of your customer journey.
Our NPS surveys are a great way to generate an industry-standard metric (your NPS score) that helps you understand the way your customers experience your brand, products and services.
CES surveys are great for understanding the customer view of a process and how you can improve each step to make it easier for a customer to interact with your organisation.
A CES survey normally has a question that asks ‘How easy was it for you to …’ with the rating scale between 1-7 which is graded from ‘not very easy’ to ‘very easy’.
The result is a CES score that ranges from 0-100%
There are three groups for the scores:
- 1, 2, 3 = Negative
- 4 = Neutral
- 5, 6, 7 = Positive
Setting up a CES survey
It’s easy to setup a new CES survey project in SightMill – and we support CES across all the formats, from email, website to SMS and event surveys.
- In your dashboard, click on create a new project.
- From the survey type, select CES survey
- Click OK to create your new CES survey project
Your new project dashboard now reflects the CES wording, grouping and scoring. The templates reflect the 1-7 scoring and ranges.
When to use a CES survey
Our customers have already implemented CES in a wide variety of installations, here are just a few examples:
- Using CES on website pop-up surveys to help understand and reduce the effort required in each step of an e-commerce process
- Using email CES surveys after a support ticket to understand how easy it was for the customer to use the support system
- Using delayed email CES surveys after a purchase to understand how easy it was for a customer to setup a new product
We’d love to help you use CES as part of your marketing initiatives; book a call and demo to talk through how we can help with your requirements.